Strawberry-Tomato Jam Crostini
- 4 cups diced beefsteak tomatoes (2 to 3 large tomatoes)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 40 small mint leaves, for garnish, optional
For the jam: Place the diced tomatoes in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the strawberries, sugar, cinnamon, salt and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture has thickened to the consistency of a loose jam, 40 to 45 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
To assemble the crostini: Preheat the broiler to high.
Slice the baguette into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Brush each slice on both sides with the olive oil. Place the bread on a baking sheet, sprinkle with the salt and broil until golden brown and crispy, 5 to 6 minutes. Top each crostini with a teaspoon of jam and some of the feta. Garnish with one or two mint leaves if using.
Refrigerate any leftover jam in an airtight container for up to a week.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis