- 1 bunch fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, from about 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup simple syrup, recipe follows
- 1/8 teaspoon amaretto
- 2 cups watermelon balls, from about half a watermelon
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls, from about 1 cantaloupe
In a blender, combine mint, lemon juice, simple syrup, and amaretto. Blend until smooth.
In a large bowl, combine the watermelon and the cantaloupe. Add the vinaigrette and toss. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
In a saucepan, combine water and sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, until the sugar has dissolved. Take pan off heat and cool the syrup. Any extra cooled syrup can be saved in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Yield: 1 cup