Glazed Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings
- 20 to 25 chicken wings
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon Asian chile paste
- Salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
Prepare the wings by cutting through the joint to make 2 pieces. Snip off the tips. Put the wings in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Combine the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, ketchup, vinegar, lime juice, sugar, garlic, ginger, and chile paste in a small bowl, and whisk well. Brush liberally on the chicken wings, turning them to coat both sides. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cover, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill. Lightly spray the grill rack with vegetable-oil cooking spray. The coals should be moderately hot. Grill the wings, turning with tongs 3 to 4 times and brushing with any remaining glaze during the first 10 minutes of grilling or until cooked through, 15 to 25 minutes. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.