- 3/4 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1/2 pound green beans, trimmed and halved crosswise
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper, halved, cored, seeded and cut lengthwise into thin strips
- 1 small onion, cut lengthwise in 1/2 and thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds medium-size shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
Cook pasta in large pot of lightly salted boiling water until al dente, firm but tender, about 12 minutes. Add the green beans to the boiling water for the last 6 minutes of cooking; beans should be crisp-tender and not limp.
Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the sweet red pepper, onion and garlic; saute for 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the shrimp; saute 2 minutes. Add the wine, salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring, until the shrimp are opaque, about 1 to 2 minutes more. Be careful not to overcook the shrimp.
Whisk together the chicken broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until well blended and smooth. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the skillet. Bring to boiling; cook for 1 minute. Stir in the parsley.
Drain the pasta and green beans in a colander; turn the pasta into a large bowl. Add the shrimp mixture; toss until well combined. Sprinkle with the grated Parmesan. Serve immediately.