Grilled Chicken Cutlets with Lemon and Black Pepper and Arugula-Tomato Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, 8 ounces each
- Kosher salt
- 6 ounces baby arugula
- 1 1/2 cups red and yellow pear or cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced, optional
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Thinly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
Whisk together the lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, the shallot and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a large baking dish.
Pound each chicken breast between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap with a rolling pin or a mallet to 1/8-inch thickness. Add the chicken to the baking dish, turn to coat, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
Heat your grill to high.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and season on both sides with salt. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and just cooked through.
While the chicken is grilling, combine the arugula, tomatoes, and onion, if using, in a large bowl. Toss with the vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place each chicken cutlet on a large plate and divide the arugula-tomato salad on top. Top the salad with a few shavings of cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Smoky Grilled Chicken Wings with Pickled Red Chiles, Dates and Fresh Mint, Grilled Jerk Chicken with Mango Cilantro Salsa, Garlicky Grilled Chicken, Portobello, and Radicchio Salad, Thai Chicken Recipes, Picnic Salad, Chicken Chili Recipes, Cream Cheese Frosting Recipes, Teriyaki Recipes, Colby