Grilled Chicken Cutlets with Lemon and Black Pepper and Arugula-Tomato Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 tablespoons, plus more for drizzling
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground fresh black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, 8 ounces each
- Kosher salt
- 6 ounces baby arugula
- 1 1/2 cups red and yellow pear or cherry tomatoes
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced, optional
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Thinly shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano
Whisk together the lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the olive oil, the shallot and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper in a large baking dish.
Pound each chicken breast between sheets of waxed paper or plastic wrap with a rolling pin or a mallet to 1/8-inch thickness. Add the chicken to the baking dish, turn to coat, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 4 hours.
Heat your grill to high.
Remove the chicken from the marinade and season on both sides with salt. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown and just cooked through.
While the chicken is grilling, combine the arugula, tomatoes, and onion, if using, in a large bowl. Toss with the vinegar and remaining 2 tablespoons of the oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place each chicken cutlet on a large plate and divide the arugula-tomato salad on top. Top the salad with a few shavings of cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Grilled Chicken Breasts and Linguica, Grilled Chicken Breasts with Fire Roasted Tomato Sauce Roasted Zucchini with Oregano and Lemon, Herb-Marinated Grilled Chicken Paillards with Pan Sauce, Potato Salad Recipes, Asian Salad Recipes, Oven Fried Chicken Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Beef Wellington Recipes, Grilled Vegetable Recipes