Grilled Shrimp Scampi Style with Soy Sauce, Fresh Ginger and Garlic
- 1/4 cup plus 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup canola oil, divided
- 1 1/4 pounds large (21-24) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 stick butter, softened
Whisk together 1/4 cup soy sauce, 2 tablespoons sesame oil, the lime juice, honey, ginger, garlic and 1/4 cup canola oil in a bowl and add to a food processor. Add the softened butter and pulse until thoroughly combined.
Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and brush mixture onto the shrimp. Place onto preheated grill and cook in a single layer for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until just cooked through.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.