Grouper Ceviche with Jicama and Avocado Slaw
- For the fish:
- 12 ounces skinless grouper fillets
- For the marinade/dressing:
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cilantro leaves
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- Kosher salt
- For the salad:
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly toasted and ground cumin
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup jicama, peeled and sliced into matchstick size pieces
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced into 1/4-inch pieces
First, thinly slice the fillets and then cut them into 3/4-inch bite-sized squares. Keep them very cold while you prepare the rest of the recipe.
Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a bowl. Set that bowl inside a larger one, filled with ice. Now prepare the salad.
Gently mix the grouper and the marinade/dressing and let stand for about 10 minutes. Into 4 chilled bowls, spoon the ceviche with its liquid. Serve the salad, family-style, and encourage the guests to top their ceviche with salad.
If you can get Cancha (Latin American corn nuts) and toast, they make a fantastic and authentic addition to this dish. I sometimes like to drizzle coconut milk onto the citrus juices. Or, I season the dish with tiny dots of soy sauce and sesame oil.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Yellowedge Grouper with Savory Sweet Corn Pudding, Oyster Mushroom Vinaigrette and Petite Greens, Mini Ceviche Appetizer, Bay Scallop and Grapefruit Ceviche with Avocado and Radish, Salmon Mousse Recipes, Easy Appetizer Recipes, Cheese Dip Recipes, Shrimp Cocktail Recipes, Cinco de Mayo, Asian Appetizer Recipes