Fried Green Tomatoes with Shrimp and Remoulade Sauce
- Fried tomatoes:
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups hot sauce, such as Louie's All Spiced Up Sauce
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon dry Italian dressing mix
- 2 green tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 2 tablespoons dry crab boil seasoning, such as Zatarain's
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, such as Louie's All Spiced Up Sauce
- 8 large shrimp, shells on
- Remoulade sauce:
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (preferably Blue Plate)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Creole mustard, such as Zatarain's
- 1 scant tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes of hot sauce, such as Louie's All Spiced Up Sauce
- Shredded lettuce, for serving
1. For the tomatoes: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F and heat the oil in a deep cast-iron or other skillet to 350 degrees F. Beat the eggs, milk, and hot sauce in a shallow dish. Put the flour into another shallow dish. In a third shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs and dry Italian dressing mix. Dip the tomato slices in the flour, then the egg wash, and then the breadcrumb mixture. (Hint: Use one hand for the egg wash and the other for the dry flour and breadcrumbs.) Transfer to the oil and fry until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
2. For the shrimp: Bring 4 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan and add the crab boil, onion, lemon, and hot sauce. Stir and add the shrimp. Boil until the shrimp turn pink, about 3 minutes. Drain, cool, and peel.
4. To serve: Line a plate with shredded lettuce. Add 2 slices fried green tomatoes. Top each tomato with 1 boiled shrimp. Fill a squeeze bottle with the remoulade sauce and drizzle decoratively.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Fried Green Tomatoes with Lobster and Tear Drop Tomato Salad, Fried Green Tomato Salad with Chipotle Dressing, Saute of Shrimp over Fried Green Tomatoes with Warm Remoulade Sauce, Deviled Egg Recipes, Sauce, Shrimp Cocktail Recipes, Deep-Frying, Easy Shrimp, Grilled Shrimp Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.