- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 serrano pepper, seeded, ribs removed and finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 bunch mint, leaves roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 head butter lettuce, shredded
Combine the garlic, pepper, red onion, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil and salt and pepper, to taste, in a large bowl.
Add the chickpeas, tomatoes, mint, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and toss in the lettuce.