Healthy Garden Green Stir-Fry
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup halved walnuts, roasted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 3 bunches spinach, washed, stemmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch mustard greens, washed, stemmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch beet greens, washed and coarsely chopped
Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside until needed. Toast walnuts in 350 degree F oven until golden brown and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
In a dry saute pan add half of the spices and toss to toast. Take care not to burn. Set aside in a bowl.
Saute onions in the olive oil until golden, for approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Add the walnuts to the onions and cook together 1 minute. Season with half the spice mix. Add the greens and spice mix, to taste, to the onion and walnuts and saute over medium high heat until the greens wilt, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and serve.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.