Healthy Garden Green Stir-Fry
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup halved walnuts, roasted
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, julienned
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 3 bunches spinach, washed, stemmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch mustard greens, washed, stemmed, and coarsely chopped
- 1 bunch beet greens, washed and coarsely chopped
Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside until needed. Toast walnuts in 350 degree F oven until golden brown and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
In a dry saute pan add half of the spices and toss to toast. Take care not to burn. Set aside in a bowl.
Saute onions in the olive oil until golden, for approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Add the walnuts to the onions and cook together 1 minute. Season with half the spice mix. Add the greens and spice mix, to taste, to the onion and walnuts and saute over medium high heat until the greens wilt, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and serve.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Bill Wavrin
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray