- 4 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons Dutch process cocoa, mixed into a paste with 1/4 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 ounces peppermint schnapps
- 1 pint heavy cream, whipped
- Grated bittersweet chocolate for garnish
- 4 candy canes
In a small saucepan, over low heat, heat milk. Stir in cocoa mixed with milk, sugar and continue to stir until cocoa is incorporated and sugar is dissolved. Do not bring mixture to a boil. Off heat add peppermint Schnapps. Pour hot chocolate into 4 mugs. Top with whipped cream, grated chocolate and add 1 candy cane per mug.