- 3 tablespoons sparkling wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 extra-large egg yolk, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- Baby salad greens for 6 to 8
In a 2-cup glass measuring cup, whisk together the vinegar, Dijon mustard, whole grain mustard, garlic, egg yolk, salt, and pepper. Slowly whisk in the olive oil to make an emulsion. You should have about 2/3 cup vinaigrette.
When ready to serve, place the salad greens in a bowl and pour on enough vinaigrette to moisten. Serve immediately.