- 1/2 pound Roquefort cheese, divided
- 1 cup good mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons tarragon wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 heads green lettuce, washed and spun dry
- 3 pounds heirloom tomatoes, mixed colors and sizes, sliced
For the dressing, crumble half the Roquefort cheese, the mayonnaise, heavy cream, vinegar, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and process until combined but still chunky.
Arrange the lettuce leaves on a platter and place the tomatoes on top. Pour the dressing over the tomatoes. Crumble the remaining Roquefort and sprinkle it over lettuce and tomatoes.