- Softened butter for greasing pans, plus 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, at room temperature
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Generously grease aluminum popover pans or custard cups with softened butter. You'll need enough pans to make 12 popovers. Place the pans in the oven for 2 minutes to preheat. Meanwhile, whisk together the flour, salt, thyme, eggs, milk, and melted butter until smooth. The batter will be thin. Fill the popover pans less than half full and bake for exactly 30 minutes. Do not peek.
Copyright 2004, Ina Garten, All Rights Reserved