- 1/2 pound baby arugula leaves
- 2 pounds seedless watermelon, 3/4-inch-diced (3 pounds with the rind)
- 1/3 cup good olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2-pound chunk Parmesan cheese
Place the arugula and watermelon in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Pour enough dressing on the arugula to moisten. Toss well and place on 6 salad plates.
With a very sharp knife or a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmesan into large shards and sprinkle them on the arugula and watermelon. Sprinkle with salt and serve.