My Favourite Fruit Salad
This is always a winner if you can find good fresh fruit. The Prosecco gives it a twist.
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 ounces (55 milliliters) water
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- Grapefruit juice, reserved from grapefruit
- Small handful blueberries
- 4 strawberries, halved
- 2 yellow and red plums, stones removed and cut into 1/8ths
- Small handful raspberries
- 1/2 a pink grapefruit, segmented and juice reserved
- 1/2 orange, segmented
- 1/2 melon, cubed
- 1/4 bottle Prosecco wine, chilled
- Creme fraiche, for serving
Remove the vanilla seeds from the pod and put seeds and pod into a small pan. Add the water, sugar and reserved grapefruit juice. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer to make a syrup. Put in the refrigerator until thoroughly chilled.
Toss the prepared fruit in the chilled syrup. Spoon onto plates and pour over the chilled Prosecco. Serve with creme fraiche.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.