- 4 ears corn on the cob, husks removed
- 1/2 cup Cilantro Pesto, recipe follows
- 1/4 cup grated Cotija cheese (feta or Parmesan may be substituted)
Heat the grill to medium-high. Once hot, lay the corn across the grill. Rotate corn every 3 minutes until all sides are evenly golden and slightly charred, about 15 minutes.
Put the corn on a platter. While corn is still hot brush the corn with cilantro pesto and then sprinkle with the Cotija cheese. Serve.
- 1 bunch cilantro, leaves washed and drained
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup Roasted Green Pumpkin seeds, recipe follows
- 1/2 cup grated Cotija cheese (can substitute feta or Parmesan)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped, optional
In a food processor add the cilantro, canola oil, pumpkin seeds, Cotija cheese, and garlic. Puree until smooth but not liquid. Taste for seasoning. Cooks Note: Usually you do not need salt because of the salt in the roasted pumpkin seeds and the cheese. Set aside.
Yield: 3/4 cup
Roasted Green Pumpkin Seeds:
- 1/2 cup green pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
Add the pumpkin seeds, canola oil, chili powder and salt, to taste, in a small bowl. Mix well to combine.
Spread the pumpkin seeds out evenly on a cookie sheet or baking pan. Bake, stirring the seeds every few minutes until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
Set aside until cool.
Yield: 1/2 cup