- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 11/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons pickled jalapeno, chopped
- 2 tablespoons pickled jalapeno juice
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
In a separate smaller bowl, whisk together milk, butter, egg whites, jalapeno and jalapeno juice. Pour wet ingredients over dry and using a fork, stir until just combined. Do not over mix. Spread batter evenly into 2 non-stick 9-inch round cake pans and bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut into triangles and serve immediately.