Green Bean Salad
- 8 ounces green beans
- 8 ounces yellow wax beans
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese (or goat cheese)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup candied walnuts
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 6 slices cooked turkey bacon, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the salad: Bring a pot of water to a boil. Prepare an ice-water bath. Blanch the green beans until crisp-tender. Immediately transfer to the ice water to stop the cooking process. Repeat with the wax beans. Drain the blanched beans thoroughly.
For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the Dijon and vinegar until emulsified. Add the shallots. Whisk in the olive oil until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the dressing to the salad and toss to coat. Add a few turns of freshly ground black pepper, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Katie Lee
Recipe courtesy of Robin Miller