Lobster Salad on Crispy Baguettes
- 3 pounds cooked lobster meat, picked over for shells and chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise, light or regular
- 1/4 cup lemon zest
- Salt and pepper
- 1 fresh baguette, white or whole-wheat
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch fresh chervil
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Mix the lobster meat, celery, red onion, mayonnaise, lemon zest and salt and pepper, to taste. Reserve in the refrigerator. Cut the baguette into thin 1/4-inch slices. Lay out on a sheet pan and bake at 350 degrees F until lightly browned. When the bread is cool, spoon a generous amount of the lobster salad onto the baguette and garnish with a chervil sprig.
Professional Recipe: This recipe was provided by a chef, restaurant or culinary professional and makes a large quantity. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe in the proportions indicated and therefore cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Scott Leibfried