LT Backyard Burger
- 7 ounces ground prime beef (20 percent fat), at room temperature
- Softened butter
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Potato bun, sliced in half
- Iceberg lettuce leaf
- Slice beefsteak tomato
- Slice dill pickle
- 1 tablespoon LT Pickled Mayo, recipe follows
- LT Pickled Mayo:
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chopped cornichons
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled jalapeno
- 1 tablespoon Cognac
- Salt and pepper, to taste
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Heat a griddle medium hot.
Using your hands, form the beef into a 1/4-inch-thick patty, trying not to press the patty too much or the meat becomes tough and the patty does not cook properly in the center. Brush some butter on both sides of the patty, season with salt and pepper and cook on the griddle for 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium rare.
Meanwhile, brush softened butter on both slices of the bun and place on the griddle until toasted.
To assemble, place the hamburger on the bottom slice of the bun, and the lettuce, tomato and pickle on top of the hamburger. Spread the LT Pickled Mayo on the top bun and then put the sandwich together and serve.
This recipe was provided by a professional chef or restaurant and may have been scaled down from a bulk recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.LT Pickled Mayo:
Place the ingredients in a small bowl and mix together. Yield: about 1/2 cup.
2011, Laurant Tourondel, All Rights Reserved