- 14 to 20 ounces fresh salmon fillets
- 2 ounces fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup Parmesan
- 2 cups shelled pistachios, toasted for 3 minutes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Pinch kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup bread crumbs (add more if too moist)
- 6 sheets phyllo dough
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
For the Salmon:
For the Pesto:
For the Luna Sea Burger:
Add 1/2 cup of pesto per pound of salmon and stir in the bread crumbs until incorporated. Cook a small piece of the burger mixture and test for taste and consistency.
Portion the burger mixture into 6-ounce patties and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and then wrap each burger in phyllo dough. Return the burgers to the oven at the same temperature for 7 more minutes. Arrange on a serving platter and serve.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.