- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds yellow onions, sliced
- 5 pounds white button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup red chili powder
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup honey
- 4 pounds green zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 3 pieces
- 4 pounds yellow zucchini, sliced lengthwise into 3 pieces
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onions and mushrooms and saute until golden brown. Season with salt, to taste.
Meanwhile, in a medium-sized bowl, combine the orange juice, lime juice and chili powder. Add juices to the mushroom mixture along with the chicken stock. Simmer until liquid is reduced by two-thirds. Stir in the honey and keep warm over low heat.
Heat a grill or grill pan to medium.
Rub the zucchini slices with the cumin and season with salt. Grill the zucchini, marking both sides, but keeping the slices still firm. Remove to a cutting board. Chop the zucchini into 1-inch pieces and arrange on a large platter. Top with the mushroom mixture and sprinkle with cilantro and goat cheese.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.
Copyright 2009 Television Food Network, G.P. All rights reserved