Maple-Glazed Pork Chops with Brussels Sprouts
- 4 pork loin chops (about 5 ounces each)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons peanut or olive oil
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 cups frozen Brussels sprouts, thawed
Season both sides of pork with salt and black pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add pork to hot pan and cook 2 minutes per side, until golden brown. In a medium bowl, whisk together maple syrup, mustard, 3 garlic cloves, and ginger. Add sauce to pan and bring to a simmer. Add chops to simmering liquid, cover and cook 5 minutes. Uncover and simmer 5 more minutes, until sauce reduces and pork is cooked through.
Meanwhile, in another skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add the Brussels sprouts and the remaining minced garlic clove. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until heated through, about 5 to 7 minutes. Serve immediately.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.