- 2 cups dry red wine
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 8 fresh (about 1/2 pound) or 12 dried figs, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) log goat cheese
- Fresh thyme sprigs, to garnish
Figs: In a nonreactive medium pot combine the wine, honey, and cinnamon. Bring to a simmer, over low heat, and cook until slightly thickened, about 30 minutes. Add the figs and cook for 10 minutes. Set aside to cool slightly. Remove the cinnamon stick.
To serve: Spoon the figs into 2 glasses and drizzle with the wine syrup. Add the herbed goat cheese and serve.