Cottelotte al Funghi: Pork Cutlets with Mushrooms
- 4 boneless loin pork cutlets, 1/2-inch thick each
- 1/2 pound oyster mushrooms, cleaned and roughly sliced
- 1/2 pound chanterelle mushrooms, cleaned and left whole if small, cut in half if large
- 1/2 cup white wine (suggested: Albana di Romagna)
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
In a large saute pan heat 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil. Season each pork cutlet with salt and pepper and add to heated pan. Saute for 1 minute then add mushrooms to the pan. Continue to saute until golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Turn the cutlets over and stir mushrooms. Continue to saute for 4 to 5 minutes, then deglaze the pan with white wine. Cook for about 1 more minute and then add the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil, swirling the pan to emulsify. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve.