Lasagna Sarde with Lobster, Tomatoes and Saffron
- 2 spiny lobsters, 1 1/2 pounds each, steamed 10 minutes and cooled
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1/8-inch julienne
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium potato, cut into 1/8-inch dice
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound very ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pinch saffron
- 1 pound DeCecco fettucine
- 1/2 cup finely sliced chives
Remove lobster from shells and cut into 1/4-inch pieces.
Bring 6 quarts water to boil and add 2 tablespoons salt.
In a 12 to 14-inch saute pan, heat olive oil until smoking. Add onion, celery, potato and garlic and saute until golden brown. Add tomatoes, wine and saffron and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer 1 minute. Cook pasta according to package instructions and drain. Add lobster to tomato sauce in pan and toss through. Add hot pasta to pan and add chives. Toss to coat and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Mario Batali