Roasted Beet Salad with Watercress, Lentils, Sopressata and Taleggio
- 1 1/2 cups roasted beets
- 1 cup cooked lentils
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and spun dry
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper to taste
- 4 small slices Italian country bread, toasted and cooled
- 8 ounces Sopressata sausage, thinly sliced
- 6 ounces Taleggio cheese, or other soft pungent cheese such as Brie, Goat, etc.
In a large mixing bowl, toss beets, lentil, watercress with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and season to taste. Divide salad among 4 plates. Divide sopressata around base of each salad. Divide cheese over each of the four pieces of toast, and place in center on top of each salad and serve immediately.
Recipe Courtesy of Mario Batali
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen