- 12 mussels, scrubbed and rinsed
- 12 baby octopus, boiled 45 minutes with a cork and cooled
- 12 (16 to 20 prawns), peeled and deveined
- 4 small squid, peeled and cleaned, whole
- 12 crayfish, boiled and shelled, reserving the heads
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh hot red peperoncini pepper, thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bunch mint, leaves removed, to yield 1/4 cup whole leaves
- 2 cups wild bitter greens, washed and spun dry (can substitute baby mustard greens)
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Rock salt
Bring 2 quarts water to boil and add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 tablespoon red vinegar.
Add the mussels, octopus, and prawns and boil for 1 minute. The prawns should redden and mussels should start to open. Add the squid and the crayfish and continue to cook over high heat until the squid is just translucent, about 1 minute. Drain everything and place the seafood all together in a warm bowl. Add the scallions, vinegar, olive oil, peppers, salt and pepper, and the mint, and toss to coat. Add the greens, toss again, and serve warm with lemon wedges and rock salt.