- 1 1/2 pounds fresh marlin
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco
- Pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Lettuce, tomato, red onion and tartar sauce, for serving
Put the fish in a food processor and grind. Transfer the fish to a large mixing bowl. Add the lemon zest and juice, lime zest and juice, onion, mayonnaise, olive oil, dill, garlic, mustard, hot sauce, salt and pepper and mix everything together by hand. Make eight 3-ounce patties and pan sear in a nonstick pan over medium heat. Don't overcook. Put 2 patties on each bun and serve with lettuce, tomato, red onion and tartar sauce.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy of Nico Chaize, owner of Nico's Pier 38, Honolulu, HI