- 24 ounces fresh marlin
- 1 lime, zested juiced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1/4 cup chopped dill
- 1 whole onion, small dice
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Pinch kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- Lettuce, tomato, red onion and tartar sauce, for serving
Put the fish in a food processor and grind. Transfer the fish into a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and then mix everything by hand. Make 3-ounce patties and pan sear in nonstick pan over medium heat. Don't overcook. Put 2 patties on each bun and serve with lettuce, tomato, red onion and tartar sauce.
This recipe was provided by professional chefs and has been scaled down from a bulk recipe provided by a restaurant. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe, in the proportions indicated, and therefore, we cannot make any representation as to the results.
Recipe courtesy Nico Chaize, owner of Nico's Pier 38 in Honolulu. HI.
Recipe courtesy of Bobby Flay