Mock Mascarpone Crostini
- 1 baguette, thinly sliced
- Olive oil, for brushing and drizzling
- Kosher salt
- Mock Mascarpone Cheese, recipe follows
- Roasted red peppers, peeled and sliced
- Fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- Mock Mascarpone:
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Brush the bread slices lightly with olive oil and season with salt. Bake in the oven until golden, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Allow to cool. Spread the toasts with Mock Mascarpone Cheese and top with roasted red pepper slices, basil, olive oil and salt.Mock Mascarpone:
In a small bowl, cream together the cream cheese, yogurt and vanilla extract with a mixer until well blended. Refrigerate if a firmer texture is desired. Use in recipes as an inexpensive alternative to mascarpone.