Ming's Thai Chicken and Zucchini Calzone
- 1 pound dark chicken meat, sliced into strips
- 2 red onions, sliced and caramelized
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 4 minced Thai bird chiles
- 1 large zucchini, small dice
- 4 Roma tomatoes, diced (may be canned)
- 2 limes
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 1/2 cup Thai basil, chiffonade
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Canola oil, to cook
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 to 400 degrees. Use a pizza stone if available. In a hot skillet or wok, coat with oil and brown seasoned chicken meat on all sides, about 3 minutes. Set aside. In the same skillet, brown onions, ginger chiles and season. Add zucchini, tomatoes, juice, fish sauce and season. Cook until zucchini is tender firm. Drain the mixture then toss with basil and cheese. Check for seasoning. Let mixture cool then stuff calzones. Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.