- 1/2 smoked goose breast, fat still intact, about 3/4 pounds
- 2 medium cornice pears, perfectly ripe
- 2 bunches arugula, trimmed, washed and spun dry
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil from Lake Como region
- Black pepper and salt
Slice goose breast on bias very thin and pound lightly between oiled waxed paper. Lay 6 or 7 slices on each of 4 plates and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Core and slice the pears 1/16inch thick. Toss in bowl with arugula, lemon juice and olive oil. Season with salt and lots of pepper. Place plates in oven for 20 seconds, until just warm and remove. Divide salad over each, garnish with zest and more cracked black pepper and serve.