Garlicky Green Salad
- 2 large heads garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces fingerling potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, well shaken
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls baby arugula
- 2 hearts romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 ounces extra sharp Cheddar, diced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Slice 1/4 inch off the top of both heads of garlic. Drizzle lightly with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and wrap in heavy-duty foil. Add to a sheet tray. Add the fingerling potatoes to the same sheet tray and drizzle with the remaining oil, giving a toss, and seasoning with salt and pepper. Roast both the potatoes and the garlic until the potatoes are crisp on the outside and cooked through and the garlic is fragrant, 45 minutes.
Open the packets of garlic and cool. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice in half lengthwise.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Fuller