Kale and Brussels Sprout Salad
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts
- 1 large bunch Tuscan kale, center stems discarded
- 1 small clove garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 1 cup finely grated pecorino
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 lemons, zested and juiced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
In a food processor fitted with a slicing blade, shred the Brussels sprouts. Next, shred the kale. Add the garlic and shallot and shred. (Alternatively, shred and mince the vegetables with a knife.) Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the pecorino, olive oil, pine nuts, mustard, lemon zest and juice and salt and pepper to taste. Add in the shredded vegetables and toss well to combine. Let the salad sit for 10 minutes before serving to allow the dressing to permeate the greens.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Fuller
Recipe courtesy of Guy Fieri