- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup uncooked rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Sift the dry ingredients together and set aside. In an electric mixer cream the butter, molasses and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and add the reserved dry ingredients and mix until just incorporated. Fold in oats, raisins, nuts and chips. Spread dough in an even layer on prepared pan and bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Let cool on a rack for 10 minutes then carefully cut in to bars approximately 3 inches square. Remove bars from pan and allow to cool completely.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.