Pasta with Mushroom Sauce
- 1 envelope (0.9 ounce) garlic-mushroom recipe soup mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 box (1 pound) penne pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted pre-sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
Whisk together soup mix and water in medium-size bowl; set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet. Add sweet pepper and mushrooms; saute until partially tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in soup mixture. Increase heat to medium-high; cook, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Stir in 1/4 cup Parmesan, the parsley and the heavy cream; cook another 1 minute or until heated through.
Drain the pasta well; transfer the pasta to a large serving bowl. Add mushroom sauce and the remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan; toss to mix well. Serve the pasta immediately.
Recipe courtesy of Family Circle Magazine