Arugula Salad with Bacon and Pecans
- Tomato Ranch Dressing:
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon concentrated tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Arugula Salad:
- 5 ounces baby arugula, well washed
- 4 slices bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
Dressing: Add all of the ingredients to a medium-sized mixing bowl and whisk until combined. Adjust the seasonings with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and keep refrigerated until ready to use. Any leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator up to 4 days, in a tightly sealed container.
Salad: Add all the ingredients to a large salad bowl. Drizzle on desired amount of dressing just before serving and toss. Re-season with salt and pepper, if necessary.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.