Gina's Turkey Meatloaf
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 large Vidalia onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup panko (Japanese) breadcrumbs
- 6 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 (8-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 shallot, sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat olive oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onions, and garlic. Saute until mushrooms are browned, about 5 to 6 minutes.
In a large bowl, combine egg, panko, blue cheese, and mushroom mixture. Fold in turkey and combine. Don't over work or the meatloaf will be tough.
Shape into a long rectangular loaf directly on a sheet tray. Spoon tomato sauce on top of the loaf and shingle sliced shallots down the top. Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, and serve.
Recipe courtesy the Neelys
Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray