Grilled Pineapple and Onion Salad
- 1 large pineapple, peeled
- 1 red onion, cut in 1/2-inch thick slices
- Glaze, recipe follows
- 1 bag baby spinach
- Vinaigrette, recipe follows
- 1 (8-ounce) jar pineapple ice cream topping
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
DirectionsWatch how to make this recipe
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Evenly cut the pineapple into 1/2-inch thick slices. Using a small 1-inch biscuit cutter, pierce a hole into middle of pineapple slices. Brush the pineapple and onion slices with glaze, place on the grill and brush again with glaze. Grill for 2 minutes and flip, grilling other side.
Place a bed of spinach leaves on a serving platter and top with the pineapple and onion slices. Drizzle with Vinaigrette and serve.Glaze:
Place all ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk together.Vinaigrette:
Pour ingredients into a small bowl and whisk together.
Recipe courtesy of The Neelys