- 4 (1 1/2-inch thick) center cut bone in pork chops
- Neely's Seasoning Salt, recipe follows
- Sweet and Tangy Glaze, recipe follows
Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
Season the pork chops lightly on both sides with the Seasoning Salt. Remember, we aren't rubbing the chops.
Grill the chops for 5 to 7 minutes per side. Brush them with the Sweet and Tangy Glaze the last 5 minutes of grilling. Internal temperature should register 145 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer. Remove the chops from the grill to a serving platter and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
You can store the remaining Seasoning Salt in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Sweet and Tangy Glaze:
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tablespoon real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a small bowl, mix together the apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire, and hot sauce. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, and refrigerate if not using immediately.