Sweet Potato Pancakes
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup peanut oil, for frying
- Ginger Applesauce, recipe follows
- Ginger Applesauce:
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup apple cider
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, smashed
Grate the sweet potatoes using the grater attachment on your food processor, or a box grater. Add the sweet potatoes to a large mixing bowl along with the green onions, flour, eggs, paprika, salt, and pepper and mix well.
Heat the oil a large, deep, cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, use a level 1/4 cup scoop to add the sweet potato mixture to the hot oil. Flatten the pancake in the skillet with a spatula. Cook for about 2 minutes per side until golden. Transfer to a paper towel-lined sheet tray to drain any excess oil. Sprinkle the pancakes with salt and transfer to a serving platter. Top with Ginger Applesauce and serve.Ginger Applesauce:
Add the apples, apple cider, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon stick, and ginger to a large saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to a simmer. Let the mixture cook until the apples are tender, about 15 minutes. Discard the cinnamon stick and the ginger discard. Puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Transfer applesauce to a serving dish and serve warm.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.