Portobello Mushroom Bruschetta
- 8 slices crusty Italian bread
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 6 portobello caps, wiped clean
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tomato Relish, recipe to follow
- Tomato Relish:
- 4 cups assorted baby tomatoes (red, yellow, and orange)
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, shredded
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Toast bread in 350 degree F oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Rub lightly with garlic clove while still warm.
Remove gills from mushrooms with spoon and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices. In a large skillet heat 2 tablespoons oil over moderate heat until hot but not smoking and cook mushrooms until softened, then add garlic stirring, until all liquid mushrooms give off is evaporated, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat. Keep mushrooms warm, covered.
Top toasted bread with Sauteed mushrooms and tomato relish. Garnish with basil.Tomato Relish:
Cut tomatoes in quarters, combine red onion, basil, vinegar, olive oil. Season, to taste, and let marinate for 15 minutes.
Recipe courtesy Food Network
Recipe courtesy of Anne Burrell