Provencal Fish Fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium-size onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 large canned tomatoes, chopped or 1 cup canned diced tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 oil-cured black olives, pitted, sliced
- 1 teaspoon capers, mashed
- 4 (6-ounce) firm white fish fillets, like snapper
Sauce: Heat oil in saucepan. Add onion and garlic; saute for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add tomatoes, thyme, bay leaves, olives and capers; simmer, uncovered, over medium heat 15 minutes. Remove and discard bay leaves.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove dish from oven. Increase oven temperature to broil. Spoon sauce over fish. Broil fish 3 to 4 inches from source of heat for 5 minutes. Serve immediately.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Fish in Parchment with Citrus Reduction, Opakapaka Fish on Hirabara Baby Greens, Green Apple Vinaigrette, and Stilton Bruschetta, Claypot Fish and Potatoes, Smoked Pork Recipes, Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipes, Dinner Recipes, Garlic Chicken Recipes, Baked Ham Recipes, Easy Main Dish