- 4 large red bliss potatoes, unpeeled and cut into 1/2 to 1 inch pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/2 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large saucepan, combine potatoes and garlic. Pour over enough water to cover and set pan over high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium and simmer 10 minutes, until potatoes are fork-tender.
Drain and return potatoes and garlic to cooking pot. Add buttermilk and mash until large lumps disappear. Fold in parsley, chives, salt, and pepper.