- Cooking spray
- 2 ears fresh or frozen cob corn, thawed
- 4 reserved cooked chicken breast halves, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 cup Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Spanish olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cored and diced
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
Heat a stove-top grill pan or griddle with cooking spray and set over medium-high heat to preheat.
Place corn on hot pan and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until golden brown on all sides, turning frequently. Remove from heat and cool. When cool enough to handle, slice kernels from cob. Transfer kernels to a large bowl and add chicken, beans, cheese, olives, tomatoes, apple, jalapenos, and cilantro. Toss to combine.
For the dressing:
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add cumin and cook 1 minute, or until fragrant. Remove from heat and whisk in vinegar. Add dressing to chicken mixture and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.