Arugula Salad with Pear, Blue Cheese and Apricot Vinaigrette
- 2 bunches arugula, washed and dried, stems trimmed (Look for 5 or 6 ounce sacks of washed and trimmed arugula leaves, available in some markets)
- 1 head bibb lettuce, torn
- 1 ripe pear, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 8 ounces Maytag or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup apricot all fruit spread, found near jams and jellies (preferred brand Polaner)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil, eyeball the amount
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine arugula leaves and bibb lettuce in a salad bowl. Squeeze a little lemon juice over pear slices to keep them from browning. Arrange them on top of lettuces. Top salad with blue cheese crumbles. Combine vinegar and apricot preserves. Stream in oil as you whisk dressing. Pour dressing over salad, season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and serve.
More Recipes and Ideas:
Arugula Salad with Shallot Vinaigrette and Crostini, Arugula, Avocado, Papaya and Jicama Salad with Pomegranate Dressing and Tortilla Chip Croutons, Arugula Salad with Grilled Fruit, Salad Dressing, Easy Asian, Appetizer Recipes , Spinach Salad Recipes, Lobster Salad Recipes, Caesar Salad Recipes
Thank you! your flag was submitted.