- 2 large or 3 medium Idaho potatoes
- Drizzle extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 slices smoky bacon, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 rounded tablespoon prepared horseradish
- Freshly ground black pepper
Peel potatoes and cut them into chunks. Cover potatoes with water and bring to a boil; salt water and boil 12 to 15 minutes until tender. Drain and return to hot pot.
While potatoes cook, heat a small skillet with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Brown the bacon then drain and reserve.
Mash potatoes with bacon, sour cream, horseradish and pepper.