Devilish Angel Cake with Wine Soaked Berries
- Total Time:
- 25 min
- 5 min
- 20 min
- 4 servings (you can have seconds, on a date night)
- 1/3 cup dry Italian red wine
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- A few grinds black pepper
- 1/2 pint strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 pint blackberries
- 1 store bought angel food cake
- Whipped cream, canister
- Finely chopped fresh mint leaves or orange zest, for garnish
Combine wine, sugar, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add berries and soak 20 minutes. Cut the cake into thick slices. Serve wedges doused with wine soaked berries then garnish with whipped cream and fresh mint or orange zest.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.