Grilled Honey Lime Chicken Sandwiches
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 rounded teaspoon cumin
- A handful cilantro, finely chopped, about 1/2 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, canola, or corn oil
- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon grill seasoning blend or coarse salt and pepper
- Five Vegetable Slaw Salad, recipe follows
- Toppings: lettuce, tomato, red onion, and sliced avocado
- 1 cup prepared salsa verde
- 4 crusty rolls, split
- Five Vegetable Slaw Salad:
- 1 pound packaged shredded cabbage
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut across into thin slices
- 1 large green bell pepper, seeded and cut across into thin slices
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly on an angle (greens and whites)
- 1/2 European seedless cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 /4 cup (3 healthy drizzles) honey
- 3 tablespoons (a couple of glugs) vegetable or light colored oil
- Salt and pepper
Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl. Sprinkle chicken with seasoning blend or salt and pepper. Coat chicken in dressing and set aside for 10 minutes.
Grill chicken on an indoor electric grill 6 to 7 minutes on each side or pan fry over medium high heat in a large nonstick skillet uncovered 6 minutes per side.
Slice chicken breasts on an angle and pile meat roll bottoms. Top with lettuce, tomato, red onion and sliced avocado. Spread salsa on roll tops as a condiment. Serve sandwiches with Five Vegetable Slaw Salad and assorted tortilla chips.Five Vegetable Slaw Salad:
Combine vegetables in a bowl. In another small bowl, whisk lime juice and honey, and drizzle in oil to combine dressing. Pour dressing over slaw and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Thank you! your flag was submitted.